"the nicest and the sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple pleasure, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Observations....

...on moving, losing your mind, losing your clothes, finding freedom and so much more.

Yes, we survived the big move but not without several hitches, and really what would be the point if there was not a single annoying moment or three or fifty?

I have learned a lesson or twelve and these are things you must realize if you plan to move.  We've only done this three times in our 44year marriage so basically once every twenty years...things add up people.  And believe me, there is no damn way to fit 2,000 square feet of 'stuff' into a 1,400 square foot space NO MATTER how much you think you've purged.  It will still look as if you are living in a storage unit.


room with a view?


No matter how meticulously you wrap your precious belongings, place them in boxes and bins, and label them, your movers will invariable load said boxes and bins on hand trucks, bring them in the 'new' house and drop them where ever they see fit. 

It took me two weeks to find my clothes which was not a complete catastrophe since I was able to get to the store and buy some pretty summer items to tide me over.  We did find them eventually--in the shed behind the power chair.  Which by the way the movers were riding up and down the road when we pulled in

All my Christmas d├ęcor is in the bathroom.  Of course, isn't that where you would place boxes marked 'Christmas?'

Okay, okay we made it safely, after a fully loaded car broke down and had to be towed.  BUT we are here and will eventually make this tin box a beautiful home.   We've both been sick and I have a lovely diabetic ulcer on my leg that is slowing me down quite a bit but our children have been wonderful, pitching in, cooking, and of course reminding me that we have too much 'stuff!'

Best wishes from me for a beautiful summer or winter as the case may be.  Pictures coming soon...if I can find that box labeled 'camera.'  take care peeps.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had quite the adventure, I sure hate moving no one realises how much work it actually is until they are in the middle of it, take care of that ulcer on your leg and know that everything is going to be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee, toilet rolls, and laptop, necessities!!! All else can wait, but I do hope your leg heals, and you find everything when it is needed. Yes, we will have to clean out, give away, or dump when our turn comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've lived in our house 44 years. My kids are going to be cussing us out when we die! Ah, well, I won't be here to hear it! Take care of that leg! Do you have a Dr at your new place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the trip was made safely. Very glad to hear your children are helping.
    I pray your leg will heal quickly.
    Have a blessed 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, getting in is the hard part! Whew! Glad your kids can help out. Take care of that leg! :)

    ReplyDelete

comments, comments, comments! If you've got 'em share 'em. If you are a no comment blogger I will try to answer back on this post. If you are...expect a personal reply from me! Cheers, and please mind those manners.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...